- January: My year started off with a bang when I was invited by my student client, Simone, to attend a taping of The Martha Stewart Show. Little did I know it would be the biggest prize giveaway day in the show's history! All guests (including myself) went home with a new Tempurpedic mattress and a three-night stay at Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires.
- April: My shared living days are over. I signed the lease to my first apartment in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
- April: I took my trip to Canyon Ranch. I got to experience what being extremely rich must feel like at this $800/night holistic spa - three days of hiking, massages, yoga classes, and spa cuisine. Among the guests, Ivana Trump and her newly-wed (now divorced) husband.
- May: I'm engaged! Condensed version: I popped the question in Prospect Park after some three bean salad. She said yes.
- June: Rice of Life is born. And with it my rekindled love and outlet for photography and writing.
- July: I celebrated my 30th birthday. Although I still get carded and have been even asked if I am old enough to vote. Compliment?
- August: Left the city for Costa Rica for two weeks. Island time and good food. What's not to love?
- November: Obama day - what a night! It feels nice, you know, to have a deep love of your country. No moment more special than watching my home state, Virginia, go blue. All those weekends knocking on doors for the campaign was worth it.
- December: My girlfriend goes domestic. In this month, I've received a homemade scarf, yoga bag, lavender eye pillow, apron, and pot holders. Being supportive pays dividends. Check out her blog The Novice Seamstress and see some of her work.
- Get published: Whether it be a cookbook or articles, it would be nice to see my name in print. As well as get paid for my writing. [Or you could just click on my Google ads. :)]
- Pull off this wedding: Bring together six people with very different tastes and strong opinions to create a beautiful, spiritual event.
- More weekend vacations: Whether it be staying at a B&B in New England or taking a hiking trip out West, I want to get out of the city and see more of this country's natural beauty.
- Get out more: Meet new friends, business partners, clients.
So there you have it. My resolutions. But honestly, if 2009 turned out like 2008 it wouldn't be all that bad.
Do you have any resolutions? I'd love to hear them!